Friday, December 17, 2010

tattooed reminder

for those whose eyes don't normally wander to the wrists of the person they are talking to, this may be a surprise to you....but i have a tattoo on my wrist. it's a cross with "psalms 25:5" written under it.

"Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior; all day long my hope is in You."

 this has been such a blessing to me to have this permanently on my body....even though I am fully aware it won't look the same in 30 years.
tonight my heart is heavy. i have had to let something go (for the millionth time) that i begged God to let me keep. i don't think this thing was harmful to me and i have been so lost as to how to deal with the confusion that surrounded this situation; but as I looked down at my tattooed reminder, God was begging me to put my hope in Him during this time. to relinquish any and all plans i had for my life and to trust Him with every aspect of my life. the past few months have been a time of numbing pain and extreme growth. i wouldn't trade it for anything. God has taught me so much, one being how to find joy in my sufferings. How blessed i am to experience a small glimpse of Christ's suffering he went through...for me. my trials have nothing to do with me. it is all for HIS glory. the good times and the hard times should all point to Him. and because He loves me so much, he refines me through the flame. (1 Peter 1:7) not only does He promise to deliver me out of my suffering, but make me stronger because of it! God is good. when i'm tired? Yes. when i'm joyful? Yes. He is ALWAYS good. but better yet, He is constant. His presence, His love, His mercy. if i can learn to put my hope in Him ALONE, i have nothing but good to gain. How unworthy i am, but oh how grateful...
peace and blessings,
kate

1 comment: