Sunday, March 13, 2011

it's about time

two weeks since I have written on here. that tells you how hectic the past few weeks have been if I didn't find the time to do one of my most favorite things.
feels good to be back. 
not to mention, it is officially spring break 2011. i have been waiting for this week all semester. my big plans to be in dallas all week have not disappointed me, yet. funny how there was a time where (while I love my family) going home wasn't at the top of my "places to go over break" list, and now I couldn't think of anything more blissful. 
The giddiness I feel when I first see the Dallas skyline.
Entering downtown traffic and not even caring that someone cut me off.
Pulling up to my house, knowing there will be a little black girl waiting.
Seeing that little black girl's tail wag, watching her disappear, and predicting her return with one of her prized possessions.
Having my parents run out the door, overflowing with genuine joy that I am home, embracing me as if it was their only chance to do so.
Walking in the door, smelling the familiar aromas and experiencing the beautiful house my mom has put her touch all over.
Sitting on the couch gladly answering their multitude of questions about my life, soaking it in, because too many children are without parents who care.
Being followed by my parents the whole first day I'm home because they want to be right where I am, and me, loving it.
Feeling instant peace and blessings over the home God has so graciously brought me in to.

oh, how things have changed. Not too long ago my eyes weren't open to these little gifts from above. A lot of them were annoyances, or went unnoticed.
Now, I ache for them when I'm away and drown myself in them when I am here.

home so very sweet home.



No comments:

Post a Comment