Sunday, February 27, 2011

wisdom in the midst of worry

I apologize that my posts are repetitive. Stress is just a major part of my life right now and as much as I wish I had something more entertaining to share with the 2 of you who read this, writing it all out is a type of therapy for me...and a reminder to myself of my constant dependency on His strength and mercy to get me through each moment of every day.

Like today, when all I want to do is crawl in bed and run away from my responsibilities...
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)

Or when my self-image is destroyed by the distorted expectations and desires of society....
"For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well." (Psalm 139:14-15)

When I struggle in accepting and dealing with my present circumstances...
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation . . . . I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4: 12-13)

When I feel swallowed by my lack of obedience and trust in my God and burdened by my rebellion against Him...

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

And when I try, time and time again, to control the uncontrollable chaos surrounding me...
Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10a)


Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:28-31) 

can I get an "Amen"? 
Pray for me. That I can meditate on these verses and use them to bring my thoughts back to Him and His promises. Pray for the rest of the world...who are just as exhausted and stressed, many of whom are a million times more burdened by their responsibilities in life than I am. Let's all just admit that whether we are living life leisurely with no worries or working full time while going to school and raising a family, we all need Christ. Even in good times. 
Every single person on that spectrum needs His love, His mercy, His strength, and His promises. 
I'm the first to admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment