Sunday, February 20, 2011

First thing first, my amazing father just turned a year older, so in celebration I need to brag on him a bit. I have recently developed a much greater respect for this awesome man of God. The way he loves the Lord reflects how he loves his family and others. Daddy, I am so overwhelmed at how much bless me. God is so great. Your leadership, responsibility, patience (lots of patience), and love you provide our family is immensely appreciated.
I will always be your little girl.

On a completely unrelated note...I survived this past week. There were definitely a few times where I did not see the end in sight. Started the week off with a bang when I unintentionally pulled an all-nighter and it was pretty much downhill from there. I was stressed and whiny and I'm sure not pleasant to be around..I was NOT doing everything without grumbling or complaining (phil. 2:14) OR working at everything with all my heart, as for the Lord, not men (col. 3:23).
THEN as if I didn't need another thing for God to throw in my face, I went to go see the screening of Beware of Christians on Thursday. You can read about the movie by clicking on the link but the movie opened with this quote-
“The single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable”
whoa.
let's just say I walked out of the theater and haven't been able to get the movie off my mind since. I reflect on my life and am heavy hearted at how little I radiate Jesus. Are my actions in line with what I believe? Do I treat my classmates or people on the street in love? Do I take every opportunity to share with others the best decision I ever made? Majority of the time, no.
Do I contribute to the negative feelings others have towards Christians? Do people even know I am Christ follower?
These questions are sobering to me. What actions am I taking to show the Jesus that saves and loves and satisfies to everyone I come in contact with?
"What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs."
Matthew 10:27
Thank you Father, for continuing to change my heart and shape me into a woman who wants to radically and unconditionally follow you. I have a lot of work to do, but Your hand will guide me. Keep my heart hungry for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment