Saturday, February 5, 2011

today, I feel.

I feel sad. Burdened. Desperate. Fragile.
Sad about the brokenness of the world and of myself.
Burdened by fears, stresses, and desires.
Desperate to be held in the arms of the One who promises to never leave me.
Fragile in ways that weaken my heart to believe lies of the enemy.

It's one of those days where I look around and feel crushed by my inadequacies and lost in my pursuit of Him. A day where I don't know how to pray because I'm paralyzed by the multitude of things to pray for. A day that, despite the beautiful sunshine, seems dark and lonely. A day where God seems so out of reach as I struggle to cling to Him.

And then...I cry. For every thought I can't express, for every ache in my heart, and for the longing of wanting Him near.
Slowly I feel His arms encircle me, carrying my weary body, and holding me tightly in His grip. The darkness is being overwhelmed by the Light and I am filled with the hope His promises bring.

“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders.”  Deut. 33:12

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."-Isaiah 42:16

 “He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart.”-Isaiah 40:11 

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.  He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.  For who is God besides the Lord?  And who is the Rock except our God?  It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.  He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand in the heights.  He trains my hands for battle." Psalm 18:30-34 
  I feel hopeful. Secure. Comforted. Loved.

Father, send forth Your light and Your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell. (2 Sam. 23:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment