Tuesday, February 8, 2011

straight from the Book

this is not a day that I can write.
1. because I am so tired that my words will not make sense
2. I have procrastinated yet again and should be doing my assignments
and
3. more than anything, I just need to immerse myself in scripture today to get the focus off myself and on something Eternal.

Psalm 23:3
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake. 
Matt. 11:28-30
 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Lamentations 5:21
21 Restore us to yourself, LORD, that we may return;
   renew our days as of old 
2 Corinthians 12:9
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
Psalm 46:1-2
 1 God is our refuge and strength,
   an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
   and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
Exodus 15:13
13 In your unfailing love you will lead
   the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them
   to your holy dwelling. 
1 Peter 1:8-9
8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
 
Today is Your day, my God. Use it for Your glory.

2 comments:

  1. Ditto...what Mrs. J said! Keep diggin, keep sharin'. I love you.

    ReplyDelete